PLEASE NOTE: Antique masks will typically have hair cracks, chips and also breaks that have been repaired. Kindly check images carefully.
HISTORY BEHIND OUR MASKS
Paulski Art strives to deliver collectible and authentic African masks from regions across the African continent. We examine our pieces thoroughly and do our best to photograph each section of a mask so a buyer/collector can have a full understanding of what they’re purchasing without any surprises. That is our promise!
MASK: VERY OLD DOGON FACE MASK FROM MALI
Origin – Dogon, Mali
Culture: Dogon Tribe
Type – Face Mask
Dimensions – 36” x 10” x 15”
Material/Medium – Wood all around.
Estimated Age – Estimated to exceed 100 years of age.
Authenticity – 100% Authentic and Vintage African Mask
This mask was an extreme rare and unexpected find in Cameroon. Given the condition, multiple curators indicated that it was a Dogon mask (based on symmetry and geometric eyes) and believed to range between 80-110 years old. This mask particularly, features an old traditional Dogon figurine known as "Master of Ogol".
The figures have exaggerated breasts and shoulder blades with the statues typically in a knee bent position. Dogon masks are traditionally used in mourning and funeral ceremonies known as "dama".
IMPERFECTIONS AND REPAIRS
- Beak repaired and professionally glued back on. See images
- Limbs of figurine professionally repaired and glued back into place. See images
- Horn attached to figurine features a break that is firmly placed and not loose at all.
- Given the extreme old age and environment the mask originated from; Cracks, chips, dents, faded paint and some broken parts are common with any African antique mask. Please review images carefully. We investigate our masks thoroughly and do our best to highlight all details in our pictures. Above all this adds to the beauty and authenticity of each mask.
SHIPPING AND RETURN
- All our masks are professionally boxed and shipped by our packaging partners who specialize in antiquities and collector items. Depending on the size of the mask, shipping will be done via UPS or LTL door to door service.
- Our return policy is strictly 14 days upon delivery. We ask that you contact us immediately if you decide to return a mask. All return shipping and insurance to the mask is paid by the customer. Damaged masks upon arrival will not be accepted and refund will be voided. We typically inspect each mask requiring 24-72 hours prior to issuing a refund to the source of payment used. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.